Friday, October 12, 2012

The Pinterest Craze


I don't even know what I did before I discovered Pinterest.
Honestly, did I spend my evenings just Googling aimlessly, with no direction, hope or goal?

Nowadays, I think I need to go to a PA (Pinners Anonymous) meeting, stand up and say "Hi, my name is Kate, and I'm a Pinterest Addict.

If you don't know what Pinterest is - firstly, you have major social issues - and secondly, your life is about to change drastically.

In a nutshell, Pinterest is an online scrapbook, where you search the web and can 'Pin' any images you like, and save them to your own online photo blog. It is an online hub where you can keep any images you like, to save for inspiration for travel, your wedding, your future house - whatever!

You are able to create 'Boards' which group your images into different categories. For example; My Future Home, Inspirational Quotes, Hair and Beauty etc.


Hmmm... looking at the photo really confirms my addiction - 404 pins? 
(Also confirms my lack of a social life, but thats for another blog post! ha)

You know how in Hollywood movies, when the woman gets engaged, she always has that scrapbook under her bed with all the little cut-out photos she has been collecting all these years?
Well Pinterest is the modern day equivalent!

I have learnt so many DIY tricks (did you know you can restore silver jewellery by putting it in a bath of warm water, salt and a small piece of tinfoil?) and beauty tips such as how to do a waterfall braid and how to do the perfect liquid line. You are also able to keep on-top of new season trends, and even order products online, before they even hit the stores!

Pinterest really takes procrastinating to a whole new level!

Here is a collection of some of my favourite pinned images:





Follow me on Pinterest, would love to see you there! 
Kate XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment