Friday, October 26, 2012

Bucket List



Everyone has a bucket list, and everyones is different.
BUT...there are some things you just GOTTA do before you kick the hypothetical bucket.



1)Do a Skydive
Honestly, I know the prospect is absolutely petrifying, but the sensation of free-falling is incredible. I've done both a bungee jump and skydive - and let me tell you - skydive is much less scary, but much more amazing. 



2)Love Hard (and maybe get your heartbroken in the process)Have you heard the saying "it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?" 
Even if you think you might get hurt - sometimes you gotta take the plunge! I don'e personally believe that you have to get married, to be happy. Just make sure you love someone and you give it all you've got.



3)Keep a Journal
Sounds old school I know! But these days, there are heaps of modern ways to keep a diary, whether it be on paper, or electronic format. 
Just make sure you have something to look back on when you are old and grey and be able to reminisce on the things you used to love. My version of keeping a diary is my Pinterest account. This will be like a time capsule for me when I grow up (which may never happen with the way I'm going) and will be an incredible form of nostalgia. Yes - I will probably kick myself for loving platform sneakers - but hey, it will get a giggle from me and my kids one day!





4)FLASH!
This is a bit of a naughty one, but an old friend once told me that you haven't lived if you haven't flashed a stranger! 
Whether this may be a boobie shot to a random car, a skinny dip, or a nudie dash down a deserted street, ya gotta do it once!!





5) Do something crazy with your hair
I've always been so boring with my hair - Ive always been so protective of my light blonde colour that I've never wanted to taint it. But this is one that is still to be ticked off on my bucket list. You want to be able to look back when your 50 and say "WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING?" Its only hair, and you never know what might suit you!



6) Stay out so late, you see the sun come up
This one was a super hard one for me ('cause I'm such a nana!) 
And I don't mean have a little nap, and wake up for the sunrise...I mean stay up all night, whether it be playing cards, watching movies, parting or dancing...one night you have got to sit and watch night turn to day. It really is spectacular!




7) Spend a RIDICULOUS amount of money on a pair of shoes
Another hard one for me because I'm so tight with my money, but my love for shoes won this battle! 
And they don't even have to be practical! When I graduated I bought myself a ridiculous pair of red suede 7inch-heel ankle boots. But ya gotta do it once (in my case it will no doubt happen many-a-time in my life) but sometimes you just have to treat yourself!



8)Visit "Your Place."
Everyone has a place. You know, that place that you just know you will love, that place you just have to go to? The place that you know you were just MEANT to be born in. My place is Venice. After reading the amazing book, A Thousand Days in Venice, I knew I had to visit.Walking down the pier, eating hot croissants and buying fruit warmed by the sun at the local markets..thats me.So many people see this  as just a dream - make it happen.



9)Go to the concert of your favourite band/artist.
Now this totally sucks for you if your favourite artist is Elvis, but one thing you have to do before you die, is see ONE of your favourite bands in concert. You may think their music is amazing, turned up full volume in your car - but imagine it live with thousand of other screaming fans!
May sound claustrophobic, sweaty and noisy, but ya gotta do it once.



10) And finally, a cheesy one....Make sure you give your Mum and Dad a hug.
Sometimes its hard. I know.
Its cheesy, and lame, and stupid.
But my gosh, you will regret it if you don't.
Nobody's parents aren't perfect, but you cant deny that you would not be here without them.
Even if its the LAST thing you want to do before you cark it, make sure you give your Mum and Dad a cuddle, and tell them that you love them.



Let me know whats on your bucket list!
Kate Elizabeth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment