Thursday, May 24, 2012

What's better then beginning our new blog, then with a Birthday post! I usually love my birthday, but this year I feel a little differently as the next milestone for me to hit is 30....it might seem like an eternity from 22, but the years fly by these days.

Before I get into complaining about how I feel old (whilst stuffing my face with a birthday cupcake), I better introduce myself. My name is Rach Fleur and I just turned 22 today. I have a degree in Journalism, PR and Politics. Some might ask how I ended up working for the hair and beauty giant that is Stefan, but away from my degree in journalism and politics, I love all things beauty and fashion. I spend most spare of my time heading to music festivals and gigs, researching my next holiday destination - despite my severe lack of funds, and buying shoes that I would rather look at than learn to walk in. I was lucky enough to spend 5 months of last year travelling around Europe. Once I got back, I began the hard task of finding a full time job and was blessed to find a PR, Marketing and HR role here at Stefan.

Within my short time here I have learned so much about not only my career path, but hair and beauty. I have decided I look much better with a tan, that my short blonde hair can do much more then just be straightened and slightly messed about and that alcohol based cleansers are going to age me beyond my years...which leads me to my first blog post.

I told our head make-up artist Suzana that I use products that a certain Katy Perry endorses (I will leave you to your beauty and celebrity knowledge to figure that one out) and she nearly leaned across the desk and strangled me. Not only will this product, which has a high alcohol content, dry out my skin but prematurely age my skin. It was from that day onwards that I now only stock my bathroom cabinet with Dermalogical products. I am using the Oil/Normal Skin range which has dramatically changed my skin. Although it takes about 10 minutes longer then the three stop process of my old products, the 6 product process (PreCleanse, Special Cleanse, Daily Micro Exfoliator, Toner, Active Moist and Eye Cream)  has made me actually enjoy waking up and viewing my skin. I no longer get dry spots, weird red patches and my pores have somewhat refined. Also, I have made Suzana refrain from hurting me.

So now that I am reading what I wrote, I don't mind too much that it's my birthday because I have begun taking the steps to better look after my skin. Least when I hit 30 I wont care too much.......well hopefully :)

Rach xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment