Saturday, June 16, 2012

50 Shades: of coloured tights

 

Hello weekend readers!
I’m Mel, a 25 year old graphic designer whose favourite word is ‘pantone’ and loves a good thriller novel to read on the beach. I’m not much of a winter person and almost the type to put the heater on full pelt at home just so that I can walk around in shorts and a tshirt pretending it’s still summer. Needless to say, I am not enjoying the winter weather so far.

What I AM totally loving, is that the winter season fashion is no longer filled with boring shades of brown, beige and lots of black. Colour is BACK! And with a vengeance.
The winter season is not complete without a trusty pair of tights/leggings. The never fail wardrobe option that you can always rely on. And if  you’re anything like me, you may have 10 or 20 pairs!


Tights have really taken off this winter and it’s not just the plain black or leather look that are in fashion. This winter, it’s all about hot pink, floral, sequin, gold, silver - you name it! The choices are truly endless.
 
On my latest eBay binge (don’t tell my fiance – we’re supposed to be saving for our wedding!) 
I found these awesome designs. (LOVE)


Even the celebs are getting involved. You only have to have seen an episode of Gossip Girl to see where the trend really took off with Blair Waldorf and her insanely red tights!   


 

 Amongst the many black pairs in my wardrobe I have these...
My absolute favourite fluro tights that make me feel happy inside! LOVE LOVE LOVE
Let's face it, from runway to everyday, tights are the best thing ever invented. They're a comfy cheap staple piece for your wardrobe and they stretch when you need them to (to make room for the 'winter padding' we may put on!)

So this winter, live a little and spice up your wardrobe with a pair (or 5) of brightly coloured tights!

Enjoy your weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Love all these bright shades & patterns - just what I need to brighten up Winter. I just signed up as your newest follower!

    Melissah from Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete