Thursday, June 14, 2012

Travel in Style

After spending 6 months of last year dragging an incredibly heavy backpack around Europe, sleeping in bedbug infested hostels and rolling out of bed at 5am to catch trains/buses/weird small vans - although I had the time of my life, lets just say my itch to travel for a while had definitely subsided when I got home.

However that itch is now back with a vengeance. I have started researching dates and flights to Canada and the USA! Throughout my research I came across this image and it gave me inspiration for this blog. 

 
Okay so let's talk about traveling in style. The amount of times I have seen women come to the airport in Ugg Boots and Velour tracksuit is ridiculous. I understand that its a long flight and you want to be comfortable.....but you look tacky and like Paris Hilton (she is not the 'star' you want to look like!). 

Take fashion inspiration from these jet setters:

 
I am not saying wear heels and a full face of make-up, just keep in mind that you might be coming from home, but you will be arriving in a new, exciting city - so be ready for it! 

Be sure to wear comfortable flat shoes that aren't too tight because your feet will swell on long flights. Also, remember to moisturize as the plane air conditioning will dehydrate your skin. Finally, get up and walk around! Your legs will get tight and you want your blood flow to remain normal. 

My favourite person to take airport style tips from is Rosie Huntington Whitely - she always looks fresh and amazing when she travels. 
 
Have a great day!!

Rach xx

No comments:

Post a Comment