Thursday, September 13, 2012

Career minded


Recently I have taken on a new role here at Stefan which means I now look after all things HR.

I have always know that first impressions are important, however now that I interview for positions here at Stefan I have realized just how vital they are.

Whether you are going for a role as an assistant or for an executive, always look smart, professional and poised.

An individual’s grooming and appearance says a lot about their personality and attributes.
·         Time management skills
·         Attention to detail
·         Confidence
·         Great presentation




 







It’s not all about how you look though! Make sure you are well informed of the company that you want to work for. There is nothing worse than hearing someone couldn’t even take the time to research what the company actually does.

Come prepared! Make sure you go over the interview questions in your head multiple times so you have excellent answers. ‘Umm’ and ‘I don’t know’ are the most inappropriate things you could say to a potential employer.

My top tips for the perfect interviewee:
1.      Plan your outfit the night before - dress according to the business environment in which you are going for an interview
2.      Prepare answers to typical interview questions
3.      Get up early to get ready
4.      Arrive at the interview at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time (leave much earlier to counteract any traffic etc)

Let me know your interview tips!

Have a great day
Rach xx




No comments:

Post a Comment