Wednesday, July 18, 2012

GET NATURAL, Try something new

SO, ACUPUNCTURE... What do you think?
On Sunday, Jess-Rose & myself decided to try something new & try ACUPUNCTURE.
WOW what an experience. It was difficult to get my head around that fact that you lie there whilst a professional chinese acupuncture therapist puts tiny needles into your stress points on your body to help relieve your body & mind. I must admit I was very spectacle about it & didn't think it would work for me, but I can honestly say WOW I have never felt so good in my life! She put them on the top of my feet, 2 in each leg, down my tummy, 1 in each wrist & 1 in the top of  my head.

We walked out feeling amazing & so clear.

Then after our treatment she suggested some herb medicine to help with stress & tiredness.
I can say we are feeling FAB this week! 




So after having Acupuncture done on Sunday, it got me thinking about Natural Therapy.

BIKRAM YOGA
I have tried Bikram Yoga before & when I got into it I was addicted.
It is honestly so amazing for your mind, body & soul. It is also an the best anti-aging remedy, 
improves your flexibility, strength, fitness & the list goes on. I'm going to get back into it again.
I personally think there's no better way to get fit & healthy but by going NATURAL!




TEA FACTS
  • White tea: Destroys over 80% of viruses within 10 minutes. Aids to Cancer Prevention.
  • Oolong tea: Helps lower bad cholesterol levels. Is marketed as a weight loss supplement.
  • Green tea: Green tea’s antioxidants may interfere with the growth of bladder, breast, lung, stomach, pancreatic, and colorectal cancers; prevent clogging of the arteries, burn fat, counteract oxidative stress on the brain, reduce risk of neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, reduce risk of stroke, and improve cholesterol levels.






Some interesting Tea Tricks I came across on google? 
Has anyone tried these and they have worked?

  • On your eyes to relieve puffiness or freshen them up after a late night.
  • Brunettes, use a rinse of black tea for rich dark shine to your hair.
  • Blondes can use a rinse of Chamomile tea to bring out your natural highlights
  • For a temporary look of summer sun kissed skin without the UV rays, you can brew up a bath of plain black tea and soak for 20 minutes.
  • After washing your face, uses a cool tea rinse to help with acne.  Tea has great astringent properties.


    This week has all been about trying NEW things! 
    We also started to get out more on our lunch breaks & go for a walk down the street. 
    When we were on our walk we found a cute little Juice Bar called 
    'THE FAT CARROT'
    (haha great name I think!). So this has now become our lunch time ritual. 






    So get out, try something NEW this week!!! 
    Whether it's going to Acupuncture, getting your sneakers on & going for a walk, eating more veggies or WHATEVER just do it! 

    Let me know how you go & what you tried new this week.






    TODAYS QUOTE






No comments:

Post a Comment