Thursday, January 3, 2013

CAKE POPS!

It's a New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years and is excited for all that 2013 holds!



 There are so many things that I want to achieve in 2013, so I've created a goals list which I've stuck on my fridge at home. I've often read that it's better to have smaller, more manageable goals, as opposed to one overwhelming goal, so  I've broken mine into 6 categories, to reflect  different aspects of my life.

This also acts as a visual  reminder to maintain balance across these areas of my life.

One of my goals  for this year is to become a better cook!

For Christmas my dear friend Rachel gave me a recipe book on how to make cake pops!
Cake pops are essentially  miniature cakes skewered and decorated as desired.

 
1. 2 days before decoration, bake a medium sized cake to the directions on the packet, (making sure not to burn the cake!)  and let cool.

2.  Use a serrated knife to trim the crusts of the cake. Break the cake into small pieces and transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl and add spoonfuls of vanilla frosting to create a doughy mixture.
3. Roll tablespoonful of cake mixture into balls and place on the lined tray. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm. 

4. Place the white chocolate melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts

5. For a colourful result, I separated the chocolate mixture into small bowls and mixed food dye colours in. While still sticky,  you can sprinkle 100s & 1000s on top, or wait till the chocolate sets and decorate as desired.
  


 To display, I wrapped an empty cereal box with wrapping paper and using a small knife, made incisions where the sticks would go.
 
  
 
Each decorated cake ball was then skewered onto the stems for presentation.



 The cakes can be themed and decorated in so many different ways!
Thank-you for reading.  
 xo Becky.



No comments:

Post a Comment