Tuesday, January 8, 2013

S.Y.D.N.E.Y


Hello readers! It feels like forever! I am sorry for my lack of posts in the last couple of weeks. I have been enjoying a break for Christmas and New Year. Part of my holidays consisted in a trip to Sydney! My husband and I were lucky enough to house-sit my brothers unit in Surry Hills. We had a fabulous view of the Harbour for NYE!

I thought I would share some of the amazing places we went to in the few days that we were there.

Button Bar (Surry Hills)
http://www.button-bar.com.au/

This was a cute little bar located on Foveaux Street in Surry Hills. We tasted some delish cocktails here and chatted to the friendly owner/barman. The atmosphere was relaxed in this cosy bar with its warm winter tones and nautical, almost piratey, touches.

Surry Hills
I absolutely love walking down Bourke Street in Surry Hills. The Terrace houses are so beautiful. These ones were decorated for Christmas. Looks like a scene from Sex and the City!

Our walk along Bourke Street lead us to my favourite bakery.......
  
 Bourke Street Bakery 
 (http://www.bourkestreetbakery.com.au/) 
I make sure I visit here every time I go to Sydney. My regular order consists of a mocha, ginger creme brulee tart and a lamb and macadamia sausage roll.
Delish.
 
 Bondi Beach
Whilst in Sydney we just had to do the touristy thing and visit Bondi! We have only ever been there in Winter.

This was Bondi when we arrived at 9:30/10:00am

 And this was Bondi when we left at about 3pm! Make sure you get there early to get a great spot


 Bondi Hardware
http://bondi-hardware.com.au/

We decided to treat ourselves to a delicious lunch in Bondi after our day in the sun. We stumbled across this little bar/cafe that served amazing salt and paper calamari, prosciutto pizza and yummy cider. I definitely recommend eating here!



 Fumanchu!
 http://www.fumanchu.com.au/

Our first date night out for dinner was a Fumanchu. This place was recommended to us by my brother and his partner and it is truly amazing! We feasted on a range of tasty Asian tapas and managed to keep the bill under $100 - drinks included. This is another place I would visit time and time again - definitely give it a go. It gets busy on a Friday and Saturday night, so make sure you book.


 El Loco
 http://www.elloco.com.au/

El Loco Mexican Cantina in Surry Hills is a great place to go for cheap and delicious Mexican food. The place was packed when we arrived at about 6pm on a Saturday evening. The tacos were only $5 and were amazing! Gourmet style.  Another one to visit for sure!

 Well I hope you get to visit some of the amazing places I have visited and recommended.

Looking forward to a fabulous 2013! Till next week...

OUR VIEW FOR NEW YEARS
HAPPY NEW YEAR


xox Senna Jean







No comments:

Post a Comment