Monday, January 14, 2013

Rawsome Dessert!

    
If you are anything like me, your intake of sugar increased significantly over the Chrissy period! Even though I try to eat quite healthy most of the time, I couldn't resist the odd Shortbread or Butterscotch Ball! Yum! 

So when my friend decided to throw a dinner party, she put me in charge of bringing dessert.
In order to cut down on sugar, I decided to make a Raw Cheesecake! I love raw desserts as they are a much better option than your usual refined, sugary cakes, chocolates ect.

I found a Raw Raspberry Cheesecake on the Internet that was a major hit on the night! 
Ta Da!

 

•••

 RAW RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE

Crust
1 1/2 cups almonds
2/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup shredded coconut
2 teaspoons pure vanilla or water
Grind the almonds to a flour like texture in a food processor.
Add the raisins and continue grinding until broken down.
Add the coconut and vanilla. Grind again to incorporate.
Add another 1/2 - 1 teaspoon water if needed to keep the mixture held together 
when pressed in your hand.
Press evenly into the bottom of a 12" spring form pan.
Filling
4 1/2 cups berries* (I used raspberries)
3 cups cashews
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup agave or organic honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
5-6 drops stevia
1 cup melted coconut oil
Lemon zest, optional
Blend all but the coconut oil, until smooth in a high speed blender.
Add the oil (and zest if using) and blend again to incorporate. You will need the tamper because the blender will be very full/heavy.
Pour over the crust. Chill in the fridge or freezer for 8-12 hours. 

*If using frozen berries, measure them while frozen and thaw completely before blending into the recipe.

I then added on a layer of raw chocolate but that step is completely optional :)
 •••
 It was sooo yummy! Especially for something that isn't too harsh on your insides !!

Andrea xo



No comments:

Post a Comment