Tuesday, December 11, 2012

DIY Christmas Crackers



Christmas is fast approaching and I am getting very excited. Being a designer, I really enjoy  making my own decorations and Christmas treats. This year, I am having my parents over for a delicious Christmas Eve dinner with all the trimmings. The table will be decorated in a beachy theme with aqua blue plates and candle holders, a driftwood centrepiece and homemade crackers. Crackers are so easy to make yourself and are great if you have a specific theme in mind. Also you can choose the goodies that go inside!

Let me share with you my steps to creating the perfect Christmas cracker.

Here's what you'll need:

Scissors
Ruler
Wrapping Paper
Sticky tape or double stick tape
Ribbon or twine 
Goodies for inside
Toilet Rolls
Cracker Poppers (available in any art & craft store)
Rubber bands
Quirky Christmas Jokes
Christmas Hat (you can learn to make these here: http://www.ehow.com/how_6224586_make-party-hats-christmas-crackers.html)



Step 1
Place the cracker popper into one of the toilet rolls. Then lie the toilet roll and popper on a piece of wrapping paper. Measure enough paper to go just past the end of the cracker popper.


Step 2
Fold the joke and paper hat and tie together with the cracker treat (I used delicious lactose free chocolate) in an elastic band. Then place this bundle into the toilet roll with the cracker popper


Step 3
Roll up the toilet roll in the wrapping paper and secure with sticky-tape. If you would like to hide the join, I recommend using double sided sticky-tape. Once you have secured the paper in the middle, secure the ends with twine or ribbon.


Step 4
Decorate your wrapper. I have decided to print off a chevron printed wrapper to go around the middle of the cracker. This will tie in well with my other table decorations for Christmas.



Here's some shots from our Bloggers & Makeup Artist breakfast this morning at Jo-Jo's. Fellow blogger Mel and I decorated the table with some homemade place cards and table runner.





xx Senna Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment