Thursday, December 20, 2012

Summer Hairstyles


Summer Hairstyles   

 

So being exposed to  some of the worlds best hair products and stylists here at Stefan, I felt it was time I started to experiment with some hair styles!

All of the styles I attempted for this post only took 10-20 minutes and suit a range of different hair types. I hope you get some inspiration for your upcoming Christmas or New Years Eve functions!



Feel free to comment on your favourite look, or provide suggestions of what I should try next!


Look 1. The messy low pony/bun.

My hair inspiration for this look

How I achieved it:

This is one of my favourite looks and its so simple!

First, I put some styling powder onto the roots of my hair to provide some body, texture and hold. Then I lightly teased the crown to give the look more height. I then gathered the hair into a low ponytail, slipped on the headband and smoothed down the hair at the back. Taking a medium sized curling wand (I love the Stefan 2-in-1 curling tongs!), I curled the front pieces to finish the look. 

I then gave my hair a light mist of hairspray and it was ready! I love wearing this look out to dinner and it is perfect for festive occasions. You could be creative and even make your own headband too!


Look 2. The polished high bun.


 

 My hair inspiration for this look


How I achieved  it:

This look is perfect for our hot summers, and can be created on wet or dry hair. The secret is the hair donut. Gather hair into a high ponytail, smoothing with a brush as you go. Then secure with a hair elastic. Then, place a hair donut over the ponytail and pull the hair through. Fold all the hair over and around the donut, then tuck all of the hair under the base and smooth over. 

A polished look in under 10 mins!


Look 3. The braided fringe.

 

My Inspiration for this look


How I achieved it


This look is perfect for those who are growing out fringes, or  just to 'pretty up' a simple hair style. It works well with my naturally wavy hair, and suits both an upstyle or when you wear your hair out. Simply separate your fringe, (or the desired amount of hair at the front) and start to braid, keeping the tension on the hair to ensure it sits flat along the hairline. Tuck the  loose ends behind the ear and secure with a bobby pin.  A really feminine and fun look, perfect for summer.


Look 4. Unstructured curls



 My short hair Inspiration for this look


My long hair inspiration


How I achieved it:


This is a glamorous, but easy style to achieve. I started by spraying a heat protector spray  over the hair and  separating it  into 4 sections.  Using a large barrel tong, I curled each section of hair with the barrel facing downward to achieve the
'spiral' look. Once curled, I allowed it to cool and brushed the curls out gently. I then sprayed a sea salt spray over the curls and lightly scrunched it with my hands. 

As an alternative, this style works brilliantly  with clip in hair extensions, as the curls blend well, and the messy look conceals all of the clips. Human hair extensions allow you to style them as if they are your own, so complete the same steps as above each piece and then clip in.  



Look 5. Naturally side-swept


 My inspiration for this look


 


How I achieved it:


This look is perfect for more formal occasions, but is easy to achieve and takes no time at all. It works best with blow dried hair, and can be either curly or straight. 

I started by working a sea salt spray through the hair, and scrunched the ends to give texture to the style. I lightly teased the crown of the hair to give the style more body. I then smoothed the top layers of the look sweeping the hair to one side and securing with bobby pins. I then used a large decorative slide clip and used hair-spray to finish and hold the look.


Thanks for reading, have a great weekend!


Rebecca xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment