Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DIY: Valentine's Day Fruit Skewers


So I couldn't resist squeezing in just one more Valentine's Day DIY post! As with most holidays, Valentine's Day isn't the most waistline-friendly day of the year (the delicious culprits: boxes of chocolates, sweetheart candies, etc.). But these Valentine's Day inspired fruit skewers are cute and healthyl!

 Here's my finished platter... it didn't last long at Stefan HQ!
They were delightfully sweet yet guilt-free.

You'll need: various fruit, skewers & a knife
  
I used strawberries, grapes and watermelon (because I love them and because they perfectly suit the Valentine's Day colour scheme) but use any of your favourite fruits!

 Sculpt your fruit!
  
For the strawberries, I just cut them in half and then cut a little v-shape out of the top. For the watermelon I cut slices and then shaped them into hearts. Then just skewer them in various combinations – be creative!

I used Ms Monroe (who graces our Stefan HQ walls)
as a model for my creations...

  "The real lover is the man who can thrill you by
kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes."
Marilyn Monroe

 

No comments:

Post a Comment